The DNP Program concentrated on Health Systems Executive Leadership prepares nurses to function in executive leadership and management roles that focus on creating or redesigning systems to meet the demands of the emerging healthcare market.
The Health Systems Executive Leadership post master's DNP curriculum focuses on the knowledge and skills needed to lead complex clinical environments effectively including:
- Understanding organizational behavior
- Implementing evidence-based management, practice, and quality improvement
- Integrating leadership in complex systems
- Utilizing principles of finance and healthcare economics for strategic planning
- Facilitating health policy
- Incorporating data analytics and population health into clinical systems design
Students complete a leadership practicum or residency with a senior-level mentor. Healthcare Executive Leadership students completes a DNP project focused on a system-level practice change under the mentorship of a senior nurse leader
Sample Course Sequence
NOTE: Courses and sequencing are subject to change.
Didactic 1 credit hour = 15 contact hours
Clinical 1 credit hour* = 60 clinical contact hours
Total contact hours =600
|Term 1||Credit Hours||Didactic Contact Hours||Clinical Contact Hours|
|NURS 5811 Applied Economics and Finance for Health Systems||3||45||-|
|NURS 6527 Strategic Planning **||3||15||120|
|NURS 6526 Quality and Performance Improvement in Health Systems *||3||15||120|
|NURS 5812 Designing Care Delivery Alternatives *||3||15||120|
|NURS 6524 Executive Preceptorship ***||3||-||180|
The following items are required when applying to the post master's certificate for Health Systems Executive Leadership program:
- MSN from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- Cumulative GPA from graduate work 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Unencumbered/unrestricted RN License to practice in Missouri
- Two Professional references from individuals who can address academic skills including oral and written communication skills and clinical competence
- Current CV or Resume
- A personal statement of personal attributes and experiences that will help you be successful in this program
The Admissions Department may provide a 10-year forgiveness for cumulative GPA calculation. The student should submit a petition for forgiveness of prior grades to the Admissions Department.
Costs and Financial Aid
We want you to be successful as you embark on the Post-Degree Certificate for Health Systems Executive Leadership program. Take a look at what financial assistance options are available to you.
Interested in applying or learning more about our Post Master's Certificate for Health Systems Executive Leadership program? Get started today!