Our Master's Degree Options
To help you develop a specialization beyond your BSN degree, we offer a Master of Science in Nursing with the following concentrations:
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
The AGACNP concentration prepares students to assume the complex and evolving professional roles of independent practitioners in intensive care units.Learn More
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
Students are prepared to educationally and clinically provide care for adults with acute and chronic conditions.Learn More
Students become skilled educators with competencies in patient education, staff development and academic education.Learn More
MSN Degree Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the MSN program, the graduate will be able to:
- Translate science to guide advanced nursing practice, quality improvement, and scholarship; (MSN Essentials I, IV, IX)
- Demonstrate ethical organizational and systems leadership to improve patient and healthcare outcomes; (MSN Essential VI)
- Apply quality improvement initiatives within an organization or practice setting; (MSN Essential III)
- Provide leadership in the translation and integration of current evidence to ensure safe, quality practice; (MSN Essentials II, III, IV)
- Incorporate current and emerging healthcare technologies and informatics into practice; (MSN Essential V)
- Advocate and serve as a change agent to influence policy, improve healthcare delivery, and patient outcomes; (MSN Essential VI)
- Incorporate interprofessional collaboration in the design, implementation, and evaluation of evidence based, client-centered care for patients, families, and vulnerable populations, which include health promotion and disease prevention strategies; (MSN Essentials VII, VIII)
- Promote safe, ethical, high quality advanced practice care to diverse populations in a variety of settings. (MSN Essentials III, VIII, IX)
Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and is approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
Whether you’ve previously attended Goldfarb or are joining our academic community for the first time, you can feel confident in getting an education that prepares you and your career for the future of nursing.
How to Apply
Apply online today! You can also contact the admissions department by email at [email protected] or by calling 314.454.7055 or 800.832.9009.