Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College reserves the right to adjust tuition and fees at any time.* Estimated tuition and expenses are subject to change.
* Estimated tuition and expenses are subject to change.
|Application Fee||$50 (non-refundable)|
|Post acceptance deposit
NOTE: All newly admitted students are required to pay the tuition deposit which will be applied to tuition.
|$150 (non-refundable)||$1000 CRNA (non-refundable)|
|Undergraduate courses||$789 /credit hour|
|Graduate courses||$834 /credit hour|
NOTE: Continuous enrollment in selected graduate courses is required until completion of each course. Enrollment is maintained by registering for a minimum of one extension credit (EX) each term after the
|$950 /credit hour|
|Nurse Anesthesia Program surcharge||$1,634 /term (variable)|
|Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner skills bag||$300 /course for N5605|
|Audit tuition||One-third of course tuition cost|
|Skills Laboratory fee||$100 /course for N3180|
|Clinical/Laboratory fee||$175 /term (pre-licensure only)|
|Graduate practicum fee||$135 or $175 /clinical practicum course|
|Undergraduate student services fee||$100 full-time (12+ hours) $50 /term part-time (less than 12 hours)|
|Computer Access fee||$15 /term (defrays cost of User ID set-up and maintenance related to computer systems used by GSON students such as Outlook, Canvas, GUS Connect, Banner, etc.)|
|Assessment bundle||$845 (pre-licensure only) — for cohorts starting in 2021|
|Typhon Nurse Practitioner student tracking||$100 (one-time fee)|
|Graduation fee||$125 (covers a portion of tangible items and keepsakes related to completion of program of study such as diploma, diploma cover, school pin, and regalia; the College covers larger expenses related to rental o|
Estimated expenses paid directly by student to vendor
|NCLEX Live Review||$300 (approximate; pre-licensure only) billed directly to student|
|Background check/Drug screening/Immunization tracking fee||$126 billed directly to student by CastleBranch|
|Books||$1,000 / term for pre-licensure students $4,000 / program for AGACNP, AGPCNP|
|Uniforms||$260 for BSN Upper Division and BSN Accelerated students|
There is an $8.25 charge for an official transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse. If attendance at Goldfarb was during or prior to 2010, the Clearinghouse will direct the request to the GSON Registration office. For questions about requesting transcripts, send an email to: [email protected].
Students will incur expenses for transportation to off-campus clinical facilities, parking and health and liability insurance. Undergraduate nursing students are expected to provide their own stethoscope as well as a watch with a second hand. Graduate nursing students are expected to provide their own otoscope/ophthalmoscope and a professional-quality stethoscope.
Please view our current Cost of Attendance (COA) information for our programs here:
BJC Tuition Assistance
Please review the procedures for processing our BJC tuition reimbursement program.
As of January 1, 2014, BJC has made changes to the tuition reimbursement program. BJC will no longer pay the college in advance for courses the employees are taking at the college. Reimbursement of the approved amount will be received following successful completion of the course or courses.
The college, in support of the BJC employee’s efforts to advance their career through higher education, will implement a deferred payment plan. This plan, while deferring payment until after the end of the term, is contingent upon the employee taking the steps to obtain the tuition reimbursement and also meeting the established college payment requirements.
- Each term the BJC employee who is a student at Goldfarb School of Nursing must inform the business office that they are applying for BJC Tuition Reimbursement. The student must meet (in person or by telephone) with the business office to review tuition and fees for the term and determine the amount not covered by tuition reimbursement. The student will print and sign a Letter of Understanding, regarding their obligation, and turn it into the business office before each term.
- The student must submit the proper BJC tuition reimbursement application and obtain an authorization of approved amount of reimbursement at least 30 days before the start of the term. The student must provide this authorization when meeting with the business office.
- The business office will prepare a student account planning schedule based upon known charges and sources of payment when meeting with the student. The student will be informed of their financial obligation.
- While tuition reimbursement might be a potential funding source, it will not be used to determine refunds to the student until the reimbursement is received by the college.
- Students will be allowed to register for next term even though tuition reimbursement is not received until after the end of the prior term when grades are submitted by the student to the BJC Employee Service Center. Should tuition reimbursement not be received within 30 days after the end of the term, the student must make immediate payment, be withdrawn from the current term per Goldfarb refund rules or submit an alternative payment plan to the vice dean for finance and administration documenting proof of alternative funding to be received by the college within 14 days.
- Transcripts will not be released until tuition reimbursement or student payment of the account balance is received by the college. Diplomas will not be released until the account has been paid in full.
Please contact any member of the business office with questions.
Tuition and fees, minus known financial aid, are due the first week of the term or in installments: 25% per month paid approximately the first week of term and the first week of subsequent months.
Payments can be made by:
- A check mailed to: Goldfarb School of Nursing, Attn: Business Office, 4483 Duncan Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63110
- ACH via Nelnet online payment portal: See flyer (Nelnet is accessible through GUS Connect single sign-on)
- Debit/Credit Card via Nelnet online payment portal: See flyer (Nelnet is accessible through GUS Connect single sign-on)
Students with a balance who are not adhering to the above due date schedule will have a hold placed on their student account. A hold restricts registration and release of transcripts. The business office reserves the right to disenroll students if the outstanding balance is in arrears.
Monthly statements are not printed/mailed. If you require a printed statement for a scholarship or aid application, please contact the business office.
Online access to view your student account is available by following these few simple steps:
- Login to GUS Connect with your user name and password
- Current students: Select My Academics
- Former students: Select Customize Me
- Select Account in the Registration and Records box
- Enter Yes to the security information request
If you have difficulty accessing your account, please contact GSON Information Services at 314.362.9229.
There are six (6) sections in the student account, and we recommend you focus on the account summary by term. This report will show charges and payments for current and past terms going back to January 1, 2010. You should also check the View Holds Report. This report will indicate if there is a specific hold on your account and identifies individuals to contact.
Banner Self Service is for your use only, and the business office personnel will not be able to see these reports. You can print these reports and bring them to our office if you have any questions.
Tuition and fees, minus known financial aid, is due the first week of the term. If unable to comply, students should contact the business office to discuss options. Payment/installment plans will not automatically be set up without approval from the business office. Payment of student charges must meet due dates to avoid a hold placed on their student account which restricts registration and release of transcripts.
Students with a balance of $100 or less may enroll for the upcoming session. The business office reserves the right to restrict registration or disenroll students for a particular term if the outstanding obligation is sufficiently in arrears. Records of final course grades, official transcripts, degrees or certificates will not be released until all financial obligations are paid in full. No college officer or advisor can relieve students of financial responsibility.
Refunds are processed as quickly as possible and in accordance with all federal regulations. It can take up to two weeks for a refund to be issued for a valid credit balance. The Business Office processes refunds, but it is the BJC Accounts Payable Department that issues refunds to students. Students can set up direct deposit of refunds by submitting an ACH Setup Form to the Business Office along with a voided check.
Please note: The business office determines the amount of each refund, but the actual payment of refunds is handled by BJC’s Accounts Payable Department.
Release of Information
If you would like to allow college staff to release your billing, financial aid and registration information to another party (parents, spouse, etc.), please print and complete the FERPA form and submit it to the registration office. Without a completed form on file, we cannot discuss your account with another party even if they are financially responsible for your account.
Contact the Business Office
Joe Etling, BS
Michele Hayes-Wilson, MA, BA