The Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioners (AGPCNPs) provide care for adults as well as diagnose, treat and manage adults with acute and chronic conditions in appropriate primary care settings. The post-BSN DNP AGPCNP concentration at Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College prepares students for dynamic and evolving advanced practice nursing roles through rich, immersive experiences in diverse primary care settings.
Graduates will become leaders in practice innovation, develop plans for comprehensive care management that address the multi-dimensional needs of patients and families, and advance health quality improvement. Coursework is designed to provide the student with skills to understand the complexities of the health care delivery system to influence change and develop policy that improved patient outcomes in a variety of settings.
Graduates of the BSN-AGPCNP program will:
- Obtain health histories and perform physical exams;
- Order and interpret laboratory and imaging studies;
- Diagnose and design plans of care;
- Collaborate and communicate with patients, families, and other members of multidisciplinary healthcare teams;
- Lead innovative strategies that promote safe, cost-effective, equitable, patient-centered care; and
- Participate in quality improvement projects with opportunities to disseminate work through regional and national meetings, and publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- You will earn your AGPCNP along with attaining your DNP allowing you to practice at the highest level and gaining exemplary leadership skills.
Sample Course Sequence
NOTE: Courses and sequencing are subject to change.
Didactic 1 credit hour = 15 contact hours
Clinical 1 credit hour* = 60 clinical contact hours
Total contact hours = 1695
|Term 1||Credit Hours||Didactic Contact Hours||Clinical Contact Hours|
|NURS 6420 Health Promotion Theory & Population Health||3||45||-|
|NURS 6523 Foundations of Scholarly Writing & Evidence Based Practice||3||45||-|
|NURS 6327 Health Systems Policy||3||45||-|
|NURS 6500 Leadership & Collaboration for Quality & Safety||3||45||-|
|NURS 5110 Pharmacotherapeutics||3||45||-|
|NURS 6328 Professional Aspects of Advanced Practice Nursing||3||45||-|
|NURS 5101 Advanced Pathophysiology for Primary Care||3||45||-|
|NURS 6325 Informatics, Economics, & Financial Principles||3||45||-|
|Summer NURS 5121 Advanced Health Assessment * 3 30 60||3||30||60|
|NURS 6240 Systems-Based Practice & DNP Project I*||3||30||60|
|NURS 5805 Adult Gero Primary Care I||3||45||-|
|NURS 5808 Adult Gero Primary Care I Clinical ***||4||-||240|
|NURS 6122 Skills & Procedures for Primary Care NP||3||45||-|
|SNURS 5965 Adult Gero Primary Care II (Add additional women’s health)||3||45||-|
|NURS 5968 Adult Gero Primary Care II Clinical ****||4||-||240|
|NURS 5970 Primary Care III Adult Gero Clinical Intensive ****||5||30||240|
|NURS 6241 Systems – Based Practice & DNP Project II**||3||15||120|
|NURS 6242 Systems – Based Practice & DNP Project III**||3||15||120|
The following items are required when applying to the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program:
- BSN from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning; BLS provider status
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale in all undergraduate coursework
- Unencumbered/Unrestricted active RN Missouri License; Current CV or Resume
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Two letters of reference from individuals who can address the applicant’s academic and clinical potential
- Personal statement that addresses strategies and personal attributes that contribute to success in the program
Costs and Financial Aid
Earning your MSN degree is a significant investment, and one of the most important ones you will make. Take a look at expenses or down our program cost flyer.
We want you to be successful as you embark on the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Concentration. Take a look at what financial assistance options are available to you.
Interested in applying or learning more about our DNP-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner concentration? Get started today!