These policies apply to students enrolled at Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes Jewish Hospital. Goldfarb School of Nursing Student Life Policies have been written to help guide the behavior of students as members of the community. We strive to be a center of academic excellence and make every effort to ensure:
- The opportunity for students to learn and inquire freely
- The protection of intellectual freedom and the rights of professors to teach
- The advancement of knowledge through scholarly pursuits and relevant dialogue
Download Policy Documents
- Bereavement Policy
- Breastfeeding Policy
- Bringing Children to Campus Policy
- Campus Posting Policy
- Intermittent Military Duty Policy
- Jury Duty Policy
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Non-Solicitation and Distribution Policy
- Recording Classroom and Clinical Lectures Policy
- Religious Attire Policy
- Religious Observance Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Student Complaints, Concerns, and Feedback Policy
- Student Laptop and Smart Phone Policy
- Social Media Policy
Graduation & Commencement
It is our privilege to congratulate you upon your upcoming graduation from the Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College. All members of the college community take great joy in sharing this special occasion with you, your family and friends.
As you leave Goldfarb School of Nursing, know that you are well prepared to make a difference. You have learned to deliver compassionate quality care in an environment of rapid change. You are a healer of the body, spirit and mind. As you grow in your career, never lose sight of one of our most cherished slogans: Skill, tenderly applied, works wonders. Now, work your own wonders in the years ahead.
Students are expected to submit an electronic application for graduation during the beginning of their final term at Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College. This application must be filled out whether or not you plan to attend commencement.
Students who do not want their names to appear in the graduation program must indicate on the application for graduation. Upon receipt of the application, the registration department will perform a graduation degree audit. The student will be notified in writing of any deficiencies. All responsibilities and financial obligations to the College must be met no later than one month prior to graduation.
Upcoming Graduation Dates
April 21, 2023
August 18, 2023
December 15, 2023