How It Works
To support Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College’s commitment to student learning, the Goldfarb Guide Program seeks to enhance nursing students’ experiences by providing all interested students dynamic, focused communities in which students can learn and grow together.
The role of the Goldfarb Guide is to act as an informal social and informational resource throughout the term as new students become acclimated to nursing school. New students are assigned a mentor before the term starts and have an opportunity to meet with their mentor at New Student Orientation and regularly throughout their first term. Questions about the program should be directed to your Academic and Student Support Advisors.
Here are the requirements of a Goldfarb Guide:
- Must be a current student at Goldfarb
- Must be in good academic standing
- Attend the Goldfarb Guide orientation and onboarding process
- Reach out to their mentees at least three times per month
- Complete the Goldfarb Guide survey at the end of the term
- Must hold role at end of each eligible term
Mentor Collective (Alumni Mentor)
Find a Mentor
Are you looking for an Alumns to help you get acclimated to nursing school?
Become a Mentor
If you're an alumnus who is ready to help nursing students in their journey, sign up today.
Want to learn more? Email your Academic and Student Support Advisor.