Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College partners with health care and educational institutions to support its mission of advancing learning, research and innovation within the nursing profession.
Our clinical partnerships within the Washington University Medical Center campus offer our nursing students a rich, exciting environment where they can apply the skills they learn in the classroom and in the simulation labs:
- The majority of our Upper Division and Accelerated students conduct their clinical rotations at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
- Our Nurse Anesthesia students refine their skills in the operating rooms at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital, through a partnership with the Washington University School of Medicine Department of Anesthesiology.
- Our Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program is affiliated with the Washington University School of Medicine Department of Anesthesiology. Clinical experiences at Barnes-Jewish Hospital provide students the opportunities to gain competence in caring for patients in a wide variety of acute and critical care areas. Students collaborate with an experienced group of acute care nurse practitioners, other advanced practice nurses, and Washington University School of Medicine physicians.
We partner with other institutions within BJC HealthCare to help grow the number of baccalaureate-prepared nurses in the region:
- Our Upper Division BSN program is also offered at Missouri Baptist Medical Center, a top regional hospital 12 miles west of the main campus. Students enrolled at the Missouri Baptist site receive the same academic and student support services as those attending school on the main campus.
- The RN to BSN completion program is available to associate degree and diploma nurses who are sponsored by their respective BJC HealthCare hospitals.
Other Partnerships and Collaborations
We have developed programs to promote learning, teamwork and evidence-based practice within the nursing profession:
- Our DNP/PhD program features dynamic, integrated online coursework developed in collaboration with the BJC Learning Institute’s Center for Lifelong Learning.
- Two faculty members provide evidence-based research and consulting services to graduate and advanced practice nurses at St. Louis Children’s Hospital and Missouri Baptist Medical Center.
- We collaborate with our neighbor St. Louis College of Pharmacy through joint workshops and events, as well as shared resources including the writing center and fitness center.
- We value the importance of working with other members of the health care team by participating in various interprofessional learning experiences within the Washington University Medical Center.