Become a part of the Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College faculty, where you can engage in teaching, scholarship and service. When you join our faculty, you will find:
- A world-class facility in which to work and teach. Our faculty members teach at Goldfarb Hall, a new $40 million facility with state-of-the-art classrooms, lecture halls, simulation and research labs. Our Clinical Simulation Institute includes some of the most advanced simulation resources in the nation.
- A supportive, collaborative environment. Become a part of our faculty ranks of doctorally-prepared nursing professionals with backgrounds as clinicians, administrators, educators, researchers and consultants in every specialty from acute care to community health. Our outstanding faculty collaborate to deliver innovative educational programs. Our leadership provides faculty with the support, recognition and appreciation they need to provide the highest quality instruction to our students.
- Generous research support. Faculty enjoy full support from the Office of Nursing Research, whose goal is to increase faculty’s success in funding scholarly works, and to increase research collaboration between faculty, students, and colleagues at Washington University School of Medicine and other academic institutions. This support includes opportunities for local, national and international research, faculty development, professional travel, and research start-up funding.
- Membership in a prestigious world-class medical center. Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College is located on the campus of Washington University Medical Center in St. Louis, along with our academic partners: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, and St. Louis College of Pharmacy. Barnes-Jewish and St. Louis Children’s hospitals have achieved and have been re-designated with Magnet status, the highest award given by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for Nursing Excellence. Magnet status recognizes the caliber of an organization’s nursing staff, and the importance of nursing to its success. At Barnes-Jewish and St. Louis Children’s, nurses are valued and involved in decision making.
- Excellent quality of life. Barnes-Jewish College is located in St. Louis, Missouri, an area filled with big-city amenities and small-town convenience. St. Louis has the cultural and recreational offerings of a big city such as major league sports teams, parks, golf courses, museums, and educational institutions, and within a short drive still have access to the outdoors. At the same time, St. Louis has a remarkably low cost of living. Housing prices are very reasonable, and average commutes are below the national average.
Full-time Faculty Openings
We are always seeking individuals for full-time faculty positions at the Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate, Professor and Professor level with expertise in adult health and simulation utilization. Duties include teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate level, and conducting a vigorous and significant scholarship program. Salary is competitive and dependent upon qualifications. Candidates should have a strong record of professional accomplishment as a researcher. Candidates must have earned a doctorate in the field of nursing upon employment. You may check our job listings by following the below instructions to access the BJC HealthCare online careers page.
To read a complete faculty position description, please click here.
If you are not a current BJC HealthCare employee, please visit job.bjc.org and select "Goldfarb School of Nursing" under facilities.
Current BJC HealthCare Employees:
Please visit myBJCnet > myHR > myCareers.
You may also contact our recruiter Dettra Fields.
Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College is committed to building a culturally-diverse educational environment. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.
Men and minorities are encouraged to apply. Barnes-Jewish College is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.