Welcome to the MSN Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Clinical Preceptors page. Here you will find resources and forms important to your role as clinical preceptors in the two MSN Adult-Gero Nurse Practitioner programs offered at Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College.
Click on the program name to view the resources available:
The mission of Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College is: To prepare a highly capable and compassionate health care workforce in patient care delivery, multi-faceted leadership, research and scientific discovery to better the lives of individuals, families and communities.
MSN Degree/Post-MSN Certificate: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Program Outcomes: Upon successful completion of the MSN degree/Post-MSN certificate program, the graduate will be able to:
- provide leadership in the use of evidence-based advanced nursing practice for delivering high quality, innovative, technologically competent, cost-effective, compassionate healthcare;
- integrate ethical principles, reflective practice, and professional values in the evolving role of the advanced practice nurse for planning and delivering safe, competent advanced practice nursing care;
- incorporate inter-professional collaboration in the design and implementation of culturally competent care in diverse settings;
- advocate and serve as a change agent in promoting health for individuals, families, communities and vulnerable populations;
- integrate informatics and research into advanced nursing practice with individual, families, communities and diverse populations to improve healthcare outcomes;
- collaborate with nurse researchers in planning evidence based interventions and research studies to answer clinical questions and improve patient outcomes;
- influence healthcare through active engagement in the social, political, and economic forces impacting healthcare delivery systems; and
- value a personal commitment to lifelong learning for continuous professional development.