Friday, August 28, 2020
Commencement broadcast link will be posted to the website.
Friday, August 28, 2020
Commencement broadcast link will be posted to website.
Friday, January 8, 2020
Commencement Broadcast link will be posted to website.
Virtual Ceremony Production
- We will work with an external video production company to film and produce the virtual event professionally.
- All filming will take place on Friday, December 18th, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Each graduate will sign up for a time to meet at the selected venue.
- During the graduate's designated time, they will be professionally filmed walking across the stage with their diploma cover. Diploma covers will be distributed on the day of production.
- Each graduate will also be featured in a cinematic “Heroes Shot” at the venue—where they will be filmed holding their diploma. This will be a great opportunity to show off elaborately designed graduation caps or to personalize their video shot!
- Graduates will also have individual photos taken by a professional photographer, Kabance Photography.
Scheduling Your Time
- In the coming weeks, Fall graduates will be emailed a link to the sign-up sheet.
- All graduates participating in the virtual graduation ceremony are required to designate their preferred time.
- The sign-up sheet will be organized by time and cohort, in 30-minute windows, with 10 students per window.
- For safety, efficiency and the respect of other graduates, it is important that they adhere to arriving at their scheduled time, maintain 6 feet physical distancing policies and wear a cloth mask.
Recognizing Graduates with Honors
- We are combining the honors recognition with our virtual commencement ceremony.
- Students with Latin honors and/or receiving awards will be recognized during their individual procession or heroes shot.
Goldfarb’s Spring and Summer 2020 Virtual Commencement Broadcast Link
- The link to the commencement will officially be available on Friday, January 8, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
- The link will be posted to Goldfarb’s homepage so that viewers can watch/access it at any time.
- There is no cost to access the broadcast.
- Please practice local and national safety guidelines if you plan to hold a watch party!
- We will mail our graduates' a 2020 Fall Honors Convocation and Commencement Program prior to the broadcast.
Keeping Graduates Safe
- We are asking that they please arrive 30 minutes before time slot, wait in vehicle.
- Once inside the venue, graduates must wear a cloth mask until their filming starts.
- We will have hand sanitizer available at the venue.
- After graduates have completed filming, they must leave the venue.
- Graduates should come to designated entry 15 minutes prior to time slot.
- If a graduate is not feeling well, they are asked to please stay home. This is a good habit to follow for any illness but even more important to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the filming on August 12th and 13th include graduate students?
- Yes, all Summer and Spring 2020 graduates will be filmed during their designated day and time.
How will you recognize graduates who are receiving Latin Honors and other awards and recognitions?
- Unfortunately, we will not have a separate Honors Convocation. The production company will receive a list of all honors/awards recipients. The final video will individually feature honorees.
Are we allowed to invite guests during our scheduled filming time?
- No. Unfortunately, the Sheldon does not allow guests in the building during filming. With the increase in COVID-19 cases in our region and based on federal and local mandates, the Sheldon has strict guidelines regarding the number of people allowed in the venue at one time.
What if I cannot attend or decide not to participate in the video production of our commencement?
- The final production of the commencement will include a photography segment for graduates who do not attend the filming but would still like to be recognized. Professional photographs will be taken on Monday, August 10, 2020, from 1:00 and 4:00 p.m. at the Duncan Campus for those who cannot attend the videotaping sessions.
- The photographs will be added to the commencement's final production unless you indicate that you do not want it included. Photo sessions are being scheduled in 15-minutes increments. Please sign up using the following link by clicking on the "photo sign up" tab at the bottom of the page: 2020 Summer and Spring Commencement Sign Up Sheet
- Because safety is our priority, we ask that you arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time slot. When entering the Duncan Campus to have your photograph taken, you must wear a mask and complete the screening process. If you are not feeling well, please stay home. This is a good habit to follow for any illness but even more important to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
What if I cannot attend the photography session on August 10, 2020?
- We will be happy to include a photo you have taken in your cap and gown! Please try to take your picture in front of a neutral background, if possible, and email it to Tina Mays ([email protected]) by August 10, 2020. Any photos received after this date may not be included in final production of the video.
I cannot attend the filming of the commencement. Can I still be recognized by having my name read?
- Yes. We will read the names of all Summer and Spring 2020 graduates, unless a graduate has opted out of filming, photography and/or video recognition. Additionally, graduates’ names, and any applicable awards and honors, will be listed in the video.
Will I receive my diploma cover and pin if I cannot attend the filming?
- Yes. If you do not attend the filming, we can mail your diploma cover and pin. Please notify Denise Davis ([email protected]) to ensure that you receive your items.