Register for this free event.
Attend day two of Midwest Universities for Global Health 5.0: Better Together for a conference aimed at developing network and learning opportunities for Midwest Institutions in Global Health.
Day Two of Midwest Universities for Global Health 5.0: Better Together
Click to learn about day one of this event.
8-9 am Registration, Poster Session, Exhibits, & Breakfast
9-9:15 am Welcome from Nancy Ridenour, PhD, RN, APRN, BC, FAAN, Dean, Goldfarb School of Nursing, President of Barnes Jewish College
9:15-9:45 am Tackling US Health Disparities: Think Globally, Act Locally presented by Keith Martin, MD, PC, Executive Director, Consortium of Universities for Global Health
9:45-10:45am Plenary Session. Missouri’s Response to the Opioid Crisis: What We’re Doing & Why? presented by Rachel Winograd, PhD, Assistant Research Professor, Missouri Institute of Mental Health, University of Missouri-St Louis
10:45-11 am Break
11 am-12 pm Panel Discussion – BETTER TOGETHER
Moderated by Joyce M. Eisel, DR. PH, Department Chair Healthcare Management, Harris-Stowe State College
- Janis Tupesis, MD, Faculty and Graduate Medical Education Liaison, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Shannon Galvin, MD, Associate Professor, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine – Center for Global Health
- Alyson Lofthouse, MUPP, Senior Associate Director Global Health Program, University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health – Global Health Program
- Frederick Echols, MD, Director, Communicable Disease Control Services, Saint Louis County Department of Public Health
12-1 pm Lunch
1-1:30pm Poster and Networking Session
1:30-2:30pm Breakout Sessions:
- Promoting Gender Equity in Navigating. Challenges and Potential Solutions with Debra Olson, DNP, MPH, Doctorate of Public Health, University of Minnesota and Mackenzie Robinson, MPH candidate, Brown School, Washington University
- Meeting Mental Health Needs and Bare Foot Counseling with Rupa Patel, MD, MPH, DTM&P, Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Washington University and Anne Glowinski, MD, MPE, Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Washington University
- Transfer of Innovation & Resources Between Low, Middle, & High Income Countries with Regina Dennis-Nana, MS, Development Anthropologist, President & CEO of Global “Affaires” LLC; Retired Diplomat United States Agency for International Development
- Strategies for Global Health Mentoring for Students and Faculty with Lora Iannotti, PhD, Associate Professor, Associate Dean for Public Health, Washington University and Aishwarya Nagar, MPH candidate, Brown School, Washington University
2:30-3 pm Breakout Session Wrap-up
3-4 pm Panel Discussion – Connecting Planetary Health, Climate Change, and Global Health
Moderated by Jonathan Patz, MD, MPH, Director of Global Health Institute University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Diana Grigsby-Toussaint, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Kinesiology and Community Health and the Division of Nutritional Sciences at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Wondwossen Gebreyes, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVPM, Executive Director, Ohio State Global One Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine and Office of International Affairs
- Sharon Deem, DVM, PhD, Dipl ACZM, Director, Institute for Conservation Medicine, Saint Louis Zoo
4-4:30pm Concluding Remarks
Register for this free event.
Event Sponsors: Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes Jewish College, Global Health Center at Washington University's Institute for Public Health, SIGMA Theta Tau-Iota