The Alumni Advisory Council members serve as the Alumni Ambassadors to Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College. Representing over 9,000 alumni, Council members advise the Dean and the Association in fulfilling the alumni association's mission to:
- Unite the graduates of the legacy educational institutions of Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College.
- Support the interests of the College.
- Promote the professional and educational advancement of nursing.
Alumni Advisory Council By-law Considerations:
Being a member of the Alumni Advisory Council (AAC) provides the opportunity to shape the Alumni Association by participating in activities and making recommendations to the Dean and the Director of Alumni Affairs regarding the following:
- Connecting current students and alumni
- Reunion/Programming/Social Activities;
- Awards and/or Recognition;
- Mentorship Program; and
As alumni of the College, the Alumni Advisory Council representatives have a framework to contribute to activities and programs that will more effectively engage the Barnes-Jewish Alumni population.
The main purpose of the Alumni Advisory Council is to 1) unite the graduates, 2) support the interests of Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College, and 3) promote the professional and educational advancement of nursing.
The AAC is comprised of a diverse group of representatives – alumni, students and faculty graduates – with representation of no less than eleven (11) and a minimum of two (2) representatives from our legacy institutions and Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College. AAC representatives, not including the current charter members, serve no more than two (2) terms of two (2) years with rotating terms to ensure consistent representation.
To nominate yourself or a classmate to be a Council member, fill out the online nomination form.
2018 Alumni Association Advisory Council Members:
- Julie Lewis, '11, Chair
- Jennifer Trice Williams, '06, '07, '14, Chair Elect
- Marilyn Baumann, '83, Past Chair
- Penny Bari, ‘61
- Dianne Benz, '71
- Beverly Ervin, ‘60
- Kat Galati, '17
- George Holland, ‘06, Past Chair
- Irene Kalnins, '61
- Markeita Moore, '83
- Xiumei Lin, '06, '09, assistant professor
- Julie Spencer, '09, assistant professor
- Bradley Hunt, Goldfarb Men Excelling in Nursing (GMEN) president
- David Whitacre, Student Council president
- Ellie Gori, Student Nurses Association president
- Lindsay Linck, Veterans and Supporters Together president
- Eric Barkley, development director
- June Cowell-Oates, director of alumni affairs and program officer for student affairs and diversity
- Marilyn Sheperd, major gift officer