As a Goldfarb graduate, you’re part of a community of over 11,000 to 13,000 alumni since 1902 whose journey to a nursing career also started here.
The Barnes-Jewish College Alumni Association includes all past graduates of Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College, Barnes-Jewish College of Nursing, Barnes Hospital School of Nursing, the Jewish Hospital School of Nursing. Regardless of which school you attended, you are a part of a proud, growing alumni network across the country.
The Department of Alumni Affairs offers opportunities to maximize your lifelong connection to the school and this community of incredible nursing professionals. Make the most of your alumni experience with special offers, resources and programs to foster connections. Share your success. Join a unique community of support. Connect. Give back.
How to get involved
There are no fees to join; you’re automatically a member!
Alumni Advisory Council - Alumni Representatives advise the Dean and the Association, organize events, keep alumni connected and fulfill the alumni association's mission.
Volunteer - Share your experience with opportunities such as student mentoring, speaking at informational panels and supporting alumni events and activities.
Make a Donation - Give a gift to fund scholarships to support the next generation of nurses. https://www.barnesjewishcollege.edu/Giving/Compassion-Fund
Share your Success - We’re proud of our alumni and would love to hear about YOUR professional achievements. shorturl.at/gkACG
Stay Connected - Submit a personal update and stay up to date on your classmates’ major milestones.
Mentoring - Provide support and guidance as a mentor to current students. https://www.barnesjewishcollege.edu/Departments/Alumni-Affairs/Volunteer/Mentor-Collective
Professional Networking - Take part in opportunities for career development and information sharing.
As an alum of Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College or one of the legacy schools that is part of our past, you have access to a number of free benefits and opportunities.
- Networking: Our Alumni Association offers more than 11,000 contact names. If you connect with the College’s social media accounts, and attend alumni events, you can develop and maintain relationships with fellow graduates and strengthen your professional network.
- Library Access: You have easy access to the College’s library services. Whether you choose to use this service online or in person, you can Ask the Librarian for help in journal requests and book searches, and use our medical databases and publications in your nursing profession.
- Career Services: Every alum can use our OptimalResume tool, an online career-management platform that provides a suite of resources for building a professional resume, developing a cover letter and creating a professional portfolio. Users can also participate in practice interviews using electronic videos and use this tool to develop a personal website. Visit OptimalResume today. (To get started, click on NEW USER in the upper right tab. Then click on the ALUMNI CLICK HERE green tab, click YES and use the access code alumni.)
- Annual Magazine and Newsletters: When you stay connected to the College through our publications, you can take advantage of professional, educational and social opportunities.
- Events: Join the Alumni Association and take advantage of the events it sponsors throughout the year. These free opportunities will connect you with fellow alums, current students and some of your favorite faculty members.
Throughout the country and around the world, our alumni are everywhere. They are part of a vibrant health care workforce employed as nurses, researchers, educators and leaders in the field. But no matter where they are, our alumni all share a common experience of a Goldfarb education. It’s a relationship we truly value.
Our alumni are doing some truly impressive things. From holding leadership positions at top medical institutions to authoring new research articles, we’re proud to recognize their professional awards, publications and updates in our Alumni Accomplishments.
Our Featured Alumni profiles also highlight some of the great stories behind our graduates. Diane Watson, Barnes ‘79 and Emily Watson, Goldfarb, ‘11 are a mother-daughter duo who have made the nursing profession a family affair. Emily even ended up working on the same nursing unit where her mother was a head nurse years ago.
Luke Hubbard, Goldfarb BSN '09, CRNA ‘15, left his job at a paint manufacturing company to pursue his passion for nursing. After graduation, Luke joined the cardiac intensive care team at Barnes-Jewish and was one of the nurses for a patient undergoing a heart-kidney transplant - the first ever at the hospital. He returned to Goldfarb and graduated with his masters in our Nurse Anesthesia program.
Read more about their stories and other featured alumni on our Featured Alumni page.