Procedure for Processing BJC Tuition Reimbursement Program
Effective January 1, 2014, BJC will be making changes to the Tuition Reimbursement program. BJC will no longer pay the College in advance for courses the employees are taking at the College. Reimbursement of the approved amount will be received following successful completion of the course or courses.
The College, in support of the BJC employee’s efforts to advance their career through higher education, will implement a deferred payment plan. This plan, while deferring payment until after the end of the term, is contingent upon the employee taking the steps to obtain the tuition reimbursement and also meeting the established College payment requirements.
- Each term the BJC employee who is a student at Goldfarb School of Nursing must inform the Business Office that they are applying for BJC Tuition Reimbursement. The student must meet (in person or by telephone) with the Business Office to review tuition and fees for the term and determine the amount not covered by tuition reimbursement. The student will print and sign a Letter of Understanding, regarding their obligation, and turn it into the Business Office before each term.
- The student must submit the proper BJC Tuition Reimbursement application and obtain an authorization of approved amount of reimbursement at least 30 days before the start of the term. The student must provide this authorization when meeting with the Business Office.
- The Business Office will prepare the Student Account Planning Schedule based upon known charges and sources of payment when meeting with the student. The student will be informed of their financial obligation.
- While tuition reimbursement might be a potential funding source, it will not be used to determine refunds to student until the reimbursement is received by the College.
- Students will be allowed to register for next term even though tuition reimbursement is not received until after the end of the prior term when grades are submitted by student to the BJC Employee Service Center. Should tuition reimbursement not be received within 30 days after end of the term, the student must make immediate payment, be withdrawn from the current term per Goldfarb refund rules or submit an alternative payment plan to the vice dean for finance and administration documenting proof of alternative funding to be received by the College within 14 days.
- Transcripts will not be released until tuition reimbursement or student payment of the account balance is received by the College. Diplomas will not be released until account has been paid in full.
Please contact any member of the Business Office with questions.