A temporary or visiting student may register for selected undergraduate or graduate courses in “unclassified” student status after the following criteria have been met:
- Completion of the application form
- Payment of the $50 application fee and the $150 tuition deposit
- Unclassified students are not eligible for federal or state financial aid funds.
- Unclassified students may not enroll in any course with a clinical practicum without permission from the appropriate Assistant Dean.
- Unclassified students may enroll for a maximum of 9 credit hours. An applicant to the Post-Master's Certificate program may enroll for a maximum of 6 credit hours.
- Students in "unclassified” status may be dismissed from the College without review or right of appeal.
- Unclassified students must successfully complete the program admission process if they plan to pursue a degree.
- International students currently enrolled at another institution who wish to take a course(s) at Barnes-Jewish College must provide approval in writing from the International Student Office at their current institution.
UNCLASSIFIED ACCEPTANCE PROCEDURE
Applicants accepted as “unclassified" students:
- Are admitted on a “seat available” rule.
- Have to meet the pre-requisites requirements in order to register for courses.
- Will be made aware that they may not be able to register for the class until the last minute, if the course is one that our current students need to take.
- May be subject to getting “bumped” if one of our current students needs to take the course.