At the master's level, nurses further develop analytical skills, relate theory to practice, and conduct research. Graduates will be prepared to assume complex professional roles in a variety of settings – whether in advanced nursing practice, nursing education or management and leadership.
Barnes-Jewish College offers the following MSN concentrations:
Upon successful completion of the MSN program, the graduate will be able to:
- Translate science to guide advanced nursing practice, quality improvement, and scholarship;
- Demonstrate ethical organizational and systems leadership to improve patient and healthcare outcomes;
- Apply quality improvement initiatives within an organization or practice setting;
- Provide leadership in the translation and integration of current evidence to ensure safe, quality practice;
- Incorporate current and emerging healthcare technologies and informatics into practice;
- Advocate and serve as a change agent to influence policy, improve healthcare delivery, and patient outcomes;
- Incorporate interprofessional collaboration in the design, implementation, and evaluation of evidence based, client-centered care for patients, families, and vulnerable populations, which include health promotion and disease prevention strategies;
- Promote safe, ethical, high quality advanced practice care to diverse populations in a variety of settings.
Post-MSN certificates are available in the following concentrations: Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Health Systems and Population Health Leadership and Nurse Educator†.
Please note: Due to limited cohort sizes for some MSN concentrations, transferring between concentrations will be considered strictly on a space available and case-by-case basis. Students may find themselves on a waiting list or have a delayed start to the specialty concentration courses.
†At this time, Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College is updating the curriculum and not admitting students into the Nurse Educator program. If you would like to be notified when the programs are updated, please email email@example.com.