- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Current Missouri licensure as a Registered Nurse or license eligible
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate course work
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale in all undergraduate and graduate course work
- A minimum of one year of recent nursing experience as a registered nurse in a critical care setting. Highest priority is given to those who have the most recent work history in high acuity, large hospital ICU setting where the applicant is likely to have a broad base of invasive hemodynamic monitoring experience, vasoactive drug administration, and experience monitoring patients on ventilators and adjusting settings. Applicants who work in post-anesthesia care units or emergency rooms will be considered only if the candidate can demonstrate that he/she routinely cares for patients with ventilators, invasive monitors and vasoactive infusions.
- Successful completion of the following undergraduate course prerequisites: (3 credit hours each)
- Physics (Algebra-based)
- Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Anatomy and Physiology**
- Health Assessment**
- Current ACLS and BLS certification throughout enrollment; PALS before pediatric rotation
- CCRN certification (not required but highly recommended)
- If selected, an on-site interview by the Nurse Anesthesia Admissions Committee
- An email with additional information regarding compliance requirements will be sent three months prior to start date.
**Often part of an undergraduate nursing curriculum.
Advanced Standing/Transfer Credits
- If an applicant has previously been enrolled in a nurse anesthesia program, he/she can apply; however, no anesthesia-specific courses will be transferable.
- Advanced Standing/Transfer Credit: The DNP Core Courses may be accepted for transfer only if approved by the program director. Examples of those that may be transferable include: Statistics and Epidemiology for Advanced Practice, Health Promotion in Individuals & Vulnerable Populations, Health Care Policy & Ethics and Organization & Systems Leadership. A maximum of 9 credits may be accepted for transfer.