Students must meet admissions requirements of McKelvey School of Engineering at Washington University, as well as the requirements of Goldfarb DNP, including:
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a nationally accredited institution.
- A minimum of a 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 cumulative GPA.
- A current unencumbered RN license in the U.S. or comparable license in the country where they are practicing or doing clinicals.
- Strong professional references from two (2) persons who can address academic skills including oral and written communication or clinical competence. Applicants are strongly encouraged to select a doctorally prepared nurse as one of the two references.
- Submission of a one or two page essay of an example of a frequent occurrence in clinical practice that the applicant would like to see improved.
- Barnes-Jewish College recommends that international applicants take the Internet based TOEFL (IBT) or IELTS. The score requirement for the IBT is 85, with minimum scores of 21 for reading and 23 for writing. The score requirement for the computer based test is 240, with a minimum score of 4.5 on the Test of Written English. The score requirement for the paper-based test is 575.