At Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College, student engagement goes beyond the classroom. We provide our nursing students with opportunities to participate in leadership and community service through various ways and build research and practical skills.
Whether you are new to Goldfarb this term or continuing from last term, an undergraduate or a graduate student; we celebrate your voice and experience as we believe YOU ARE MADE FOR THIS as part of our Goldfarb community.
Each day of WELCOME WEEK will highlight how we live our values as part of the vibrant community at Goldfarb. You can boost your curiosity, connections, culture, and confidence as part of our GSON community while you gain insights from students, alumni, faculty, staff, and community partners through our Student Success Sessions, Student Clubs and Alumni Connections.
Summer Term 2022
WELCOME WALKS: May 11 to May 13 | VARYING TIMES | DUNCAN*
- New Students will meet their Goldfarb Guide and get their ID BAdge, explore parking and campus, and prepare for their first day of the term. Details are provided via direct email to new students.
COMMUNITY KICKOFF: May 16 | 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM | WEST CAMPUS* - May 17 | 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM, 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM | DUNCAN*
A Celebration of our Goldfarb Community including:
- Donuts with the Dean
- IT Help Desk
- Student Success Kits/ATI Books for new students
GOLDFARB SHOWCASE: MAY 18 | 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM | DUNCAN CAMPUS*
- Learn about all the ways Goldfarb can support your success inside and out of the classroom. Visit all the booths to get a free lunch!
* West Campus students should visit the tables during the community kickoff on 5/16/22 to get information and a lunch voucher which must be used by the deadline.
COMMUNITY CONVERSATION: MAY 19 | 11:30 to 1:30 PM | DUNCAN CAMPUS*
- To be an inclusive community, we must get to know our faculty, staff, and students. Come for a lunch and leave knowing a little more about your community.
- Participants can enter a raffle to win a copy of Flatlining Written by Adia Harvey Wingfield (Washington University St. Louis).