Students must provide proof of TB skin testing and Immunizations to Castlebranch.com.
Proof of Immunizations
Proof of immunizations must include the students printed or typed full name, vaccine administration date or titer result date. Prescriptions, paid receipts, records from a high school, or handwritten notes will not be accepted. Proof must be submitted to and approved by CastleBranch. Deadlines for immunizations will be given by the admissions department each term for incoming students. Immunizations and titers are available locally to Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College students at Barnes-Jewish Hospital Occupational Health (BJH Occ Health), 314.454.7002. Prices may change. Proof of immunization or immunity via a titer is required for the following:
- COVID-19: 1 dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson) or 2 doses of a multi-dose COVID-19 vaccine series (i.e., Pfizer or Moderna) or a BJC-approved COVID-19 exemption letter stating type of exemption-- medical or religious reasons are required as proof. For more information please visit the COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination site. (put hyperlink to this site for the highlighted section: https://www.barnesjewishcollege.edu/About-Us/COVID-19_Influenza-Vaccination
- Hepatitis B: 3 hepatitis B vaccinations or a positive titer are required as proof. Students must have the first vaccine prior to the first day of class. The second vaccine should be given 30 days of the first and the third vaccine should be given 5 months after the second. If the second and/or third vaccine is due prior to the first day of class, the student must submit proof prior to the first day of class. If the titer is negative or equivocal, a 4th Hep B vaccination is required followed by a titer recheck 1 month later. If the titer is still negative or equivocal, the student must receive a 5th and 6th hepatitis B vaccine followed by a recheck titer 1 month later. Vaccines are available at BJH Occ Health for $55/vaccine.
- Influenza: Influenza vaccinations are mandatory during the influenza season between October and March of each year. Vaccines are available through BJC Occ Health from October 1st through March 31st each year for free. The College will also hold influenza clinics on campus. For more information please visit the COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination site. (put hyperlink to this site for the highlighted section: https://www.barnesjewishcollege.edu/About-Us/COVID-19_Influenza-Vaccination
- MMR- Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, and Rubella: 2 MMR vaccinations administered at least 28 days apart or a positive titer for MMR are required as proof. If measles or mumps titer is negative/equivocal and you do not have previous MMR vaccinations, 2 MMR vaccinations are required. If measles or mumps titer is negative/equivocal and you have 1 MMR vaccination, 1 MMR vaccination is required for a total of 2 MMR vaccinations. If rubella titer is the only negative/equivocal titer, 1 MMR vaccination is required. Students who have been pregnant would have had a Rubella titer drawn as part of their prenatal record. MMR vaccinations and titers are available at BJH Occ Health. Vaccines are $45/each. Rubella titers are $40. Measles (Rubeola titers are $32. Mumps titers are $31.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, & Pertussis (Tdap): Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, & Pertussis) vaccine dated within the past 10 years or a Td (Tetanus & Diphtheria) AND Pertussis vaccines both dated within the past 10 years are required as proof. Tdap vaccines are available at BJH Occ Health for $20.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): 2 doses of a varicella-containing vaccine (e.g. Varivax or MMRV) or a positive titer are required as proof. If the titer is negative or equivocal and the student does not have previous varicella-containing vaccinations, 2 varicella vaccinations are required. If the titer is negative or equivocal and the student has 1 varicella-containing vaccination, 1 varicella vaccination is required for a total of 2 varicella vaccinations. Varicella vaccinations and titers are available at BJH Occ Health. Vaccines are $55/each and titers are $75/each.
NOTE: A TB skin test cannot be completed for 28 days after a live vaccine. Varicella vaccinations are live vaccines.
It is expected that students maintain these vaccinations while enrolled at Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College. All new incoming students must have all immunizations and compliance documents completed by the deadlines provided by the admissions department.