Students must provide proof of TB skin testing and Immunizations to Castlebranch.com.
Proof of Immunizations
Proof is legal documentation from a hospital, clinic, physician, etc. Records from your high school or your own handwritten notes are not considered acceptable--the only exception to that is for Varicella (Chickenpox). Immunizations are available locally to Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College students at Barnes-Jewish Hospital Occupational Health, 314.454.7002. Prices may change. Proof is required for the following immunizations or titers for:
- MMR - Measles (Rubeola), Mumps and Rubella (German Measles): MMR vaccination is available at Barnes-Jewish Hospital Occupational Health for $45. Female students who have been pregnant would have had a Rubella titer drawn as part of their prenatal record; Rubella Titer is available for $40. Measles (Rubeola) titer is available for $32. Mumps Titer is available for $31.
PLEASE NOTE: For the MMR requirement, you must either show proof of one (1) MMR shot or titer results showing immunization to Measles, Mumps and Rubella
- Hepatitis B (three-shot series): The three-shot series takes six months to complete. You must have the first shot by the deadline, second shot 30 days after the first shot (if your 2nd shot is due prior to the start of term, you must upload proof of your 2nd shot before the start of the term) and the third shot five months after the second shot. You must update your shot record on your Certified Background/Magnus account with the dates of all 3 shots immediately after you complete each shot. Vaccination is $55 per shot. You may want to check with your local health department to see if a free vaccination is available.
- Tetanus-Diphtheria: Must show proof of a tetanus-diphtheria shot completed within the past 10 years. Available for $20. We will also accept the Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis vaccine (Tdap, Dtap).
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Please provide date of disease, date of titer or date of vaccination – a medical record is not required for Varicella. If you are unsure whether you have had Varicella in the past or not, a Varicella titer is available for $55. If Titer is negative, Varivax vaccination is available for $75.
- Seasonal Flu Shot: Please mail or fax a copy of a current seasonal flu shot record to the Admissions Office.
It is expected that students maintain these vaccinations while enrolled at Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College. All new incoming students must have all immunizations and compliance completed by the 10th day of the term.