The Young Alumni Award is presented in recognition of exemplary dedication to the profession of nursing to individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to nursing education, research, and/or service in the first 10 years of their nursing career post baccalaureate.
- Be a living graduate of Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College.
- Be in their first 10 years of their Nursing career post baccalaureate.
- Be willing to be available to attend the award ceremony.
- Not currently a member of the Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College Board of Trustees or Alumni Advisory Council.
- Exhibits the importance of a nursing education by fulfilling the following criteria:
- Demonstrates by her/his actions initiative to lead by example through excellence in the discipline of nursing.
- Consistently demonstrates excellence in care by going above and beyond the basic standards of care as endorsed by patients, team members, ancillary staff, and community in which the alumni serves.
- Currently engaged in a minimum of four (4) of the following:
- One or more Daisy nominations or equivalent professional organization recognition for excellence in patient care;
- Currently pursuing additional education, certification, or advanced degree;
- Achieved Professional Nurse Development Program (PNDP) status or professional organization equivalent;
- Actively engaged in research effort outside their daily job description;
- Actively engaged in professional organization committee, leadership position preferred;
- Implementation of new and/or improved evidence based practice with notable outcomes for either their interdisciplinary work team and/or patient care;
- Currently an active preceptor in their nursing discipline;
- Currently volunteers within the organization and/or community a minimum of 100+ hours annually;
- “Wild Card” Any initiative, participation, collaboration, or engagement which positively impacts the field of nursing, medicine, organization, or community.
- Nominations may be submitted by alumni, faculty, staff, students, family, self, and administrators.
- All nomination packets must include the following:
- Completed nomination form
- A letter of nomination explaining why the nominee meets the qualifications
- Other details or pertinent data that might prove helpful in supporting the nomination.
- Completed nomination packets are submitted to the Director of Alumni Affairs – Dr. June Cowell-Oates.
- The Alumni Advisory Council will review all nominations and base their endorsement upon the contents submitted in the nomination packet.
- Decisions are subject to final approval by the President of the
To nominate an alum for this award, please download a nomination form. Once completed, send the form and additional materials needed to June Cowell-Oates at [email protected]. Questions? Email June or call her at 314.454.8694.