At Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College, we are excited about what 2021 will bring. Among our hopes for a happy and healthy New Year is continuing our progress toward becoming a school of national distinction.
As you know Nancy Ridenour, the Maxine Clark and Bob Fox President and Professor, announced her intention to step down as President during calendar year 2021. We are indeed grateful for her service and the tremendous impact she has had on Goldfarb. With Nancy’s transition, we now have before us the charge to create and open and inclusive process for selecting our next President.
SEARCH FIRM SELECTION
We are pleased to share that Goldfarb School of Nursing has retained Park Square Executive Search to assist in this significant search for the College’s next president. Park Square has extensive experience in placing academic presidents, provosts, deans, chairs, and functional leaders in management and administration.
Park Square’s Jonathan Fortescue, PhD, and Laurel Duggan will lead the active solicitation, recruitment, and vetting of candidates. Rosalynn Bryant, Vice Dean, Human Resources at Goldfarb in partnership with Keith George, BJC Vice President Talent Strategy, and Amanda Hart, BJC Director of Talent Acquisition and Strategy, will help manage the overall process and engagement with Park Square.
SEARCH COMMITTEE COMPOSITION
Goldfarb’s Board of Trustees has established a diverse group of stakeholders to aid with this critical search. Our 17-member Search Committee will be led by Bob Cannon, BJC Group President and Gene Kahn, Board Chair.
Rich Liekweg, President and CEO of BJC Healthcare said, “Under the leadership of Bob and Gene, I am confident this exceptional group will be successful and identify the very best person to continue the strong work of the School in pursuing its mission and lead strategic initiatives to ensure Goldfarb’s future positioning as a top ranked nursing school in Missouri and nationally.”
The Presidential Search Committee includes executive leadership from BJC HealthCare and Washington University (WU), academic leaders from across the College, including faculty members and staff, alumni as well as members of Goldfarb’s Board of Trustees. The other members of the search committee are:
- Stacy Bogier, M.S.Ed, Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid
- Teri Boyd, EDD, MSN, RN, Assistant Professor
- Maxine Clark, member of the Board of Trustees
- Lisa Tabor Connor, PhD, Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine Professor and Executive Director of the Program in Occupational Therapy
- Bill DeClue, MSN, MHA, RN, Faculty Organization Chair, Assistant Professor
- Ron Evens, MD, Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine Professor Emeritus of Radiology
- JoAnn Jabbari, BSN, MSN, doctoral student
- Eddie Lawlor, PhD, Washington University in St. Louis William E. Gordon Distinguished Professor and Dean Emeritus, member of the Board of Trustees
- Mary McKay, PhD, Neidorff Family and Centene Corporation Dean of the Brown School
- Denise Murphy, BJC Chief Nursing Officer, RN, MPH, CIC, FAPIC, FAAN, member of the Board of Trustees
- Tamara Otey, PhD, RN, Assistant Professor
- Angelleen Peters-Lewis, BJH Chief Operating Officer and Chief Nursing Officer, PhD, RN, FAAN, member of the Board of Trustees
- Diamond Russell, 2022 BSN student
- Lisa Sitler, PhD, RN, MSN-Ed, APHN-BC, SANE, Associate Professor
- Jennifer Tice Williams, MSN, DNP, Alumni Advisory Committee Chair, member of the Board of Trustees
SEARCH PROCESS, POSITION PROFILE, SOLICITATION OF APPLICATIONS AND NEXT STEPS
In the coming weeks, Park Square will solicit input from the College community, including faculty, staff, students, Board members alumni, other stakeholders and friends to further identify the skills and experiences the Goldfarb Community desires in its next president. More information on these forums as well some mini-group and individual meeting listening sessions will be provided shortly.
Please forward prospective candidates to Jonathan Fortescue ([email protected]), Laurel Duggan ([email protected]) or, if preferred, to any member of the Steering Committee.
Our goal is to announce the new president by summer 2021.
Search Committee members, we thank you in advance for your time, focus and dedication to this important process. We are also grateful to the extended Goldfarb Community for your participation in the process and appreciate the trust you have placed in us to help find Goldfarb’s next president.