Text Size A-A+

Federal Aid Programs

Pell Grant
Grant program for high need students; awards determined by federal government and adjusted for students based on their enrollment status. For more information about the Pell Grant, please click HERE. Effective on July 1, 2012, you can receive no more than 12 semesters or the equivalent. For more information, please click HERE
Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
Grant awarded to students with high need who are Pell eligible; awards range per year. These funds are distributed per guidelines set by each institution's Financial Aid Office.
College Work-Study
Need-based program that provides employment for students to earn money for educational expenses. Students may work up to 20 hours per week. They would be assigned to work in various departments throughout the college. The number of positions available varies from year to year. Information sessions will be provided at the beginning of each academic year for the positions available.  If you are interested in a college work-study job, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

Stafford Loans

Title IV Loan School Code of Conduct

Educational loans, repayment begins six months after separation from the school. There are two types of Stafford Loans: 
  1. Subsidized: Need-based; government pays the interest while in school, during six month grace period, and future deferment periods
  2. Unsubsidized: Non need-based; loan accrues interest after first disbursement is sent to school; borrower may choose to pay interest monthly or defer the interest into the principle of the loan.
Please see the chart labeled "Student Classification" to determine your appropriate grade level. Loan limits are set by the federal government; actual loan eligibility is determined by the Financial Aid Office based on being an eligible student, attending atleast half time enrollment, annual and aggregate limits.
Parental Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
Parents of dependent students may borrow under this loan program; repayment begins 60 days after second disbursement.
Graduate PLUS Loan
Graduate students may borrow under this program. You must be credit worthy or obtain a credit worthy co-signer for this loan.

All of these Financial Aid Programs require the successful submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).