Doctor of Nursing Practice/Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (DNP/PhD)
The only one of its kind in the nation, our DNP/PhD program integrates practice and research aspects from both degrees, preparing students to become “practice scientists.” Graduates will be able to enter the marketplace much more quickly and provide contributions in both practice and academic arenas.
Upon successful completion of the DNP/PhD program, the graduate will provide leadership as a practice scientist by:
- Contributing to the advancement of nursing science through generation and dissemination of knowledge that can be translated into effective management of complex health problems;
- Developing and evaluating interventions to improve health outcomes of vulnerable populations;
- Formulating and employing culturally competent practices as a response to health disparities and identified needs;
- Influencing health policy decision making to promote health equities;
- Promoting interprofessional collaboration in health related translational research and evidence-based practice.