Class placement is guaranteed only after the following criteria are met:
- A non-refundable tuition deposit of $150 is received which applied to tuition. A check payable to Barnes-Jewish College is to be sent to the Admissions Office.
- Receipt of official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Proof of required immunizations, TB screening, and Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers CPR certification from the American Heart Association must be submitted 30 days prior to the start of the program. Current TB test, immunization results, CPR certification and results of the criminal background check and urine drug screening must be on file with Castlebranch.com to attend any class.
Background Checks and Drug Screening: All students at Barnes-Jewish College are required to undergo a criminal background check and urine drug screening prior to enrolling in classes. This requirement has been mandated by the Joint Commission as a safety measure that affects students’ participation in clinical practica at the College. The acceptance packet from the Admissions Office provides further instructions regarding the process through Castlebranch.com to accomplish the criminal background check and drug screening.
- Students completing approved courses at other colleges/universities after admission to College must provide official transcripts in a timely manner.
- Barnes-Jewish College ID badge (obtained through the BJC Security Department). Subsequent renewal is required annually.
Incoming students need to be aware of the following:
- Degree-seeking students are expected to have access to a computer and the Internet and to be proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Student are responsible for own health insurance and health care management while enrolled at the College.