At the master's level, nurses further develop analytical skills, relate theory to practice, and conduct research. Graduates will be prepared to assume complex professional roles in a variety of settings – whether in advanced nursing practice, nursing education or management and leadership.
Barnes-Jewish College offers the following MSN concentrations:
Upon successful completion of the MSN program, the graduate will be able to:
- Provide leadership in the use of evidence-based practice in the delivery of culturally competent, technologically proficient, fiscally responsible health care.
- Integrate theory, ethical principles, reflective practice and professional values in the evolving role of the advanced practice nurse in the planning and delivery of safe, competent nursing care.
- Collaborate with inter/intra-professional health care teams in the design and implementation of high quality care in diverse settings.
- Advocate for health care consumers and act as a change agent in health care systems.
- Integrate informatics and research into practice with diverse populations to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Assume accountability for the quality of one’s own practice.
- Influence global healthcare through active engagement in the social, political and economic forces impacting the provision of healthcare.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to lifelong learning for continuous professional development.
Post-MSN certificates are available in the following concentrations: Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Educator†, and Nurse Executive†.
Please note: Due to limited cohort sizes for some MSN concentrations, transferring between concentrations will be considered strictly on a space available and case-by-case basis. Students may find themselves on a waiting list or have a delayed start to the specialty concentration courses.
†At this time, Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College is updating the curriculum and not admitting students into theses programs. If you would like to be notified when the programs are updated, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.